Cleaning any room efficiently and effectively takes some practice, but once you learn how to clean a kitchen, you will be able to easily maintain it. Read on to learn how to deep clean your kitchen.
The kitchen contains more germs than any room in the house. Cleaning the kitchen surfaces can help keep your home healthy.
- From top to bottom, spray surfaces with a powerful cleaner that can also disinfect , like Dettol’s Power and Pure Kitchen Spray.
- Use Dettol Disinfectant Spray on the outside of the bin with the cleaner and wipe down; be sure to take out the rubbish and replace the bin-liner.
- Wipe down cabinet doors, tiles, counters, and walls with a cleaning cloth. Grease and grime can build easily on these surfaces.
- Clean crevices around the sink and taps with an old toothbrush.
- Flush drains with boiling water once a week.
- Wipe down dishwasher doors with Dettol Power and Pure Kitchen Wipes.
- Sweep nightly to prevent dust and grime build-up. As needed, be sure to clean hard, non-porous floors with Dettol multipurpose dilutable liquid .
- Clean the hobs with a degreasing cleaner like Dettol Power and Pure hob & sink cleaner. If necessary, take out the burners to clean separately with soap and water.
- Remove the control knobs to wash them and the areas behind where they sit.
- Throw away any expired food from the fridge.
- With a gentle cleaner, wipe down surfaces inside the fridge and scrub out any sticky spills.
Small appliances can account for some of the most germy kitchen items. Be sure you know that cleaning the kitchen means cleaning these overlooked areas.
- Weekly, empty the toaster of crumbs. Turn it upside down into the trash, or empty the crumb tray.
- Wipe down the outside of the microwave with a disinfectant wipe, and clean the interior with warm, soapy water.
- Wipe down the outside of the kettle with a disinfectant wipe.
- Flush out the interior of the kettle with a half white vinegar and half water solution.
Knowing how to clean a kitchen is half the battle – with these tips in mind, you'll be able to efficiently keep your home healthy.