How to help protect your family with ‘plant-power’: Cleaning tips for parents
Keeping your home clean for your family is now more important than ever. But let’s face it, cleaning the house when you have kids is like pushing water with a rake.
But we persevere for more than just our pride, here are some tips to help you keep your home clean.
There are many types of germs, including viruses and bacteria. They spread from person to person or by touching surfaces and other unclean things.1 So it is essential that you and the little ones wash your hands regularly, especially if you’re unwell.
Germs often lurk in places we least expect them to. Here are a few germ hotspots to add to your to-do list:
- Cloths and Sponges1
- Kitchen sink3
- Kettle handle3
- Toothbrush holder4
- TV Remote5
- Smart Device (Laptop/Tablet/Phone)5
How do we get rid of germs?
To get rid of germs, many of us choose products with bold claims, containing bleach and other harsh chemicals. These products can increase the risk of a household’s exposure to poisons and allergens, which can trigger symptoms such as asthma.2 Knowing the risks associated with these products can help protect our family.
What are the alternatives to using harsh chemicals?
Eco-friendly products are becoming more and more important. You’ve probably heard the myth that plant-based products are not as effective as harsh chemicals, such as bleach. The truth is, Dettol Tru-Clean uses a plant based active ingredient to kill 99.9% of the bacteria and viruses in your home.Tru Clean is free from unnecessary and harmful chemicals, such as bleach, dye or phosphates.
Does Tru Clean really work?
Yes. Our Dettol Tru Clean Range uses a plant derived active ingredient, lactic acid, to kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses.*
Plant-power to clean your home
Every home is different, but high-touch surfaces should be cleaned regularly, including:
- Kitchen and bathroom surfaces1
- Door handles1
- Tables and chairs1
- Light switches1
- Smart device (mobile phones, computers, tablets)1
- Favourite toys1
Try Dettol Tru Clean Surface Wipes
Dettol Tru Clean Surface Wipes use a plant based active ingredient, lactic acid, to kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses. Use them on the taps, refrigerator surfaces, and countertops.
Prefer sponges or cloths?
Try Dettol Tru Clean trigger spray range which kills 99.9% of bacteria in your home. Here are some tips to ensure your cleaning tools are properly sanitised to avoid spreading more germs:
- Microwave damp sponges for a minute to kill bacteria.
- Soak sponges in warm water with half a teaspoon of concentrated bleach.
- Change your tea towels regularly
- Wash your hands before and after touching or handling food.
Introducing the new Dettol Tru Clean Range
Our new range of cleaners are made with a plant-derived active ingredient and they are scientifically proven to kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses, including COVID-19.*
- Tru Clean wipes are made from 100% biodegradable fibres and a plant based active ingredient
- Tested in compost conditions
- Kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses including COVID-19*
- Excellent cleaning performance
- Free from bleach, dye and phosphates
*Use disinfectants safely. Always read the label and product information before use. *Covid-19 virus = SARS-CoV-2.
- NHS: How to prevent germs from spreading - https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/how-to-prevent-germs-from-spreading/
- NICE: Common Household Chemicals and the Allergy Risks in Pre-School Age Children - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2956675/
- The dirtiest areas of your home - https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/03/the-dirtiest-areas-of-your-home-revealed/
- WEB MD: Kids, Germs and Handwashing - https://www.webmd.com/children/ss/slideshow-kids-germs-handwashing
- WEB MD: Places Germs hide - https://www.webmd.com/women/features/places-germs-hide#2