Dettol Laundry Sanitiser Sampling Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 or over. It is not open to the Promoter’s employees, their families, agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion. The Promoter is RB UK Commercial Limited, registered office is at 103 – 105 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3UH.
- This promotion will run from 00.01 BST on 14 August 2023 until 11.59 BST 28 August 2023 or until samples run out, whichever comes sooner.
- This online promotion is accessible by clicking through the lead form to sign up for this promotion.
- This promotion is available in the UK. Samples will be delivered to UK addresses only. There are 10,600 samples available to give away on a first-come first-served basis. Only one sample per household. Responsibility is not accepted for applications that are lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, software or hardware failure. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Applications automatically generated by computer, incomplete or corrupt applications, or those not in accordance with the instructions will not be accepted.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details and to refuse to award a sample or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions, and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation this clause.
- All decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By participating in this promotion, you agree to release, discharge and hold the Promoter harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from your participation in this promotion (save that nothing shall limit our liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
- The Promoter reserve the right to modify or terminate the promotion at any time for any reason.
- Any issues or disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions (whether such disputes or issues are contractual or non-contractual in nature, such as claims in tort, for breach of statute or regulation or otherwise) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The parties hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts to settle any such dispute or issues.
- For help and advice, contact us: UK – PO Box 4044 Slough, SL1 0NS. 03332005345.
Promoter and Data Controller: RB UK Commercial Limited, registered office is at 103 – 105 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3UH
10.1 RB UK Commercial Limited is a company registered in England & Wales under company number 08784077, with registered office at 103 – 105 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3UH (the ‘Promoter’), and is in the role of data controller responsible for the processing of personal data. The Promoter is committed to protecting the data privacy rights of all participants, in strict compliance with any applicable Data Protection Law in the UK, including the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. The Promoter confirms that any personal data, processed in connection with the Promotion, will only be collected, saved or processed for the purposes of the administration of the Dettol Laundry Sanitiser Sampling Initiative unless participants have consented to the processing of their personal data for different purposes, including direct marketing and sharing personal data with third-party controllers for the analysis of their consumption habits and their propensity to purchase.
More details on Promoter general processing of personal data are available here.
10.2. Categories of personal data – Within the sampling Promotion, the Promoter will collect from the participants the following categories of personal data through online Lead Ads forms accessible from Dettol pages on Facebook and Instagram: participants’ full name, email address and address for delivery of the sample. Provided that the participants will further consent to direct marketing, promoter will send email request for reviews to obtain consumer feedback on provided product sample.
10.3 Purpose of the processing and legal basis – Participants’ personal data submitted in connection with the Promotion will be processed by the Promoter for the purpose of administering and managing the Promotion and, in particular, to (i) allow participants to register for the Promotion, (ii) administer the Promotion, and (iii) deliver the samples to participants. Legal basis for this processing of participants’ personal data is these Terms & Conditions, which represent a contractual agreement between participants and the Promoter [i.e., art. 6 (1) (b) (UK) GDPR].
Participant’s personal data is also processed for further purposes only if they consented to such additional purposes. With participants’ consent, personal data is also processed for (i) promoting the Promoter’s products related to designated brands in portfolio via email as part of broader Promoter’s direct marketing strategy [i.e., art. 6 (1) (a) (UK) GDPR].
10.5. Data sharing – Personal data collected within the Promotion will be accessed, as data processor(s), by our third-party vendor(s) providing support and assistance in relation to the Promotion, the Promoter’s website and our consumers’ database. For the management of the sampling promotion, we have further appointed SoPost Limited, a company incorporated in England & Wales under registered number 08216668, with registered office at The Core, Bath Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 5TF, as a data processor based on relevant data processing agreement.
10.6. Transfer to other countries – Personal data may be transferred outside the UK and the EEA, including the USA, by our third party-vendors acting as data processors on our behalf. For the transfer of personal data outside the UK and the EEA, appropriate safeguards have been adopted, including Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission, resp. the UK Addendum, and Binding Corporate Rules as applicable within UK.
10.7. Children – Since individuals aged 18 and over can participate exclusively in the Promotion, no data belonging to persons under the age of 18 will be processed and stored. In the event that the Promoter receives personal data belonging to persons under the age of 18, this data will be immediately deleted/destroyed. If a parent or holder of the parental authority notifies the processing of personal data belonging to persons under the age of 18, the promoter will immediately delete/destroy this data from the processing and storage facilities.
10.8. The protection of your personal data – The Promoter undertakes to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to ensure a level of security corresponding to the personal data belonging to the participants of the Promotion. In assessing the appropriate level of security, account shall be taken in particular of the risks posed by the processing of personal data, caused in particular, by accident or illegally, by the destruction, loss, modification, unauthorised disclosure or unauthorised access to personal data transmitted, stored or processed.
10.9. Participants’ data protection rights – In connection with the processing of their personal data within the Promotion, participants have the following rights arising from the GDPR:
• the right of access to personal data including right to request a copy of personal data;
• the right to rectification (right to have their inaccurate personal data corrected or to have incomplete personal data completed without undue delay);
• the right to deletion (right to have their personal data deleted without undue delay, if one of the legal grounds is given);
• the right to restrict processing;
• the right to data portability (in cases stipulated by law, right to obtain their personal data provided to the Promoter in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to pass this data to another data controller);
• the right to object to the processing;
• the right not to be the subject of any decision based solely on automated processing
• the right to withdraw the consent at any time (provided that the processing was based on consent). To withdraw their consent, participants have to click here or use opt-out function at any time through the unsubscribe function in our newsletter.
10.10. Complaints – Participants have furthermore right to complain to the Information Commissioner (ICO). Details of how to file a complaint can be found on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
10.11. How to contact the Promoter – Questions, comments or requests concerning the personal data processing are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com. To opt out from consent, please click here or use opt-out function at any time through the unsubscribe function in our newsletter.