Enter our Protect 24 Competition!
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
|The promotion is a prize draw with 1 winner in total. The winner will be selected at random.
The prize is the Dettol Protect 24 Range (Protect 24 Trigger 460ml, Protect 24 80s Wipes, Protect 24 50s Wipes).
The promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of similar value should the prize become unavailable for any reason.
The prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other alternative.
|The prize draw is open to all persons over the age of 18 residing in the UK and who hold a valid Instagram or Facebook account.
The prize draw is free to enter.
Employees of the promoter and their immediate family members or any agents or advisers linked to this prize draw are not eligible to participate.
|How to Enter
|To enter the prize draw you must visit the official Dettol UK Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/dettol.uk) or Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DettolUK) page to like the post, follow the account (@dettol.uk) and tag a friend into the comments section. Multiple entries allowed. Tag one person in the comments to count as an entry.
Entry to the prize draw confirms that participants have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
|The prize draw runs from 16 January 2024 at 15:00 GMT to 23:59 GMT on 31 January 2024.
Entries must be received during the times and dates above. Any entries received before or after this time and date will not be accepted.
The promoter will not be responsible for any entries that are not received for any reason, by the closing date, whether lost, delayed, corrupted or otherwise, and whether or not due to any technical difficulties or malfunctions or any other reasons. Proof of delivery is not proof of receipt.
|The winner will be selected at random.
|The winner will be notified via Instagram or Facebook within 14 days of the prize draw end date.
The winner must contact the promoter and confirm acceptance of the prize within five (5) days of receiving the notification that they have won. The winner will need to provide the promoter with their postal address so that the prize can be sent to them.
If a winner fails to accept the prize within this time, then a re-draw will take place on the sixth (6th day) and a new winner will be randomly selected.
|Rights and use of personal data
The promoter and data controller is RB UK Commercial Limited, registered office is at 103 - 105 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3UH
|The promoter reserves the right to disqualify any participant who violates the terms and conditions or engages in fraudulent activities. Any incomplete, offensive or illegible entries will be considered void and not counted.
Anyone found to have created multiple Instagram and Facebook accounts will be ineligible to enter the prize draw and/or their entries will be considered void and not counted.
|Liability and indemnification
|By participating in this promotion, you agree to release, discharge, and hold the promoter harmless from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from your participation in this promotion (save that nothing shall limit our liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence).
|Modifications and termination
|The promoter reserves the right to withdraw, extend or amend the prize draw at any time.
The promoter's decision is final and correspondence will not be entered into.
|The prize draw is governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in connection with it.
1. RB UK Commercial Limited is a company registered in England & Wales under company number 08784077, with registered office at 103 - 105 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 3UH (the ‘Promoter'), and is in the role of data controller responsible for the processing of personal data. The Promoter is committed to protecting the data privacy rights of all participants, in strict compliance with any applicable Data Protection Law in the UK, including the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018. The Promoter confirms that any personal data, processed in connection with the Promotion, will only be collected, saved or processed for the purposes of the administration of the “Dettol Protect 24 Competition” (hereinafter the “Promotion”) unless participants have consented to the processing of their personal data for different purposes on our website(s), including direct marketing and sharing personal data with third-party controllers for the analysis of their consumption habits and their propensity to purchase. More details on Promoter general processing of personal data are available here.
2. Categories of personal data - Within the Promotion, the Promoter will collect from the participants the following categories of personal data through the direct message feature on Dettol page on Instagram and Facebook solely in case of winners: participants' full name, email address and address for delivery of the prize. The Promotion will require participants reaction (likes, following) to the promotion post including tagging of their friend in the comments.
3. Purpose of the processing and legal basis - Participants' personal data submitted in connection with the Promotion will be processed by the Promoter for the purpose of administering and managing the Promotion and, in particular, to (i) allow participants to enter in the Promotion, (ii) administer the Promotion, and (iii) deliver the prize to winners. Legal basis for this processing of participants' personal data is these Terms & Conditions, which represent a contractual agreement between participants and the Promoter.
5. Data sharing - Personal data collected within the Promotion will be accessed, as data processor(s), by our third-party vendor(s) providing support and assistance in relation to the Promoter's website.
6. Transfer to other countries - No transfers outside the UK and/or EU/EEA are envisaged as part of this Promotion.
7. Children - Since individuals aged 18 and over can participate exclusively in the Promotion, no data belonging to persons under the age of 18 will be processed and stored. In the event that the Promoter receives personal data belonging to persons under the age of 18, this data will be immediately deleted/destroyed. If a parent or holder of the parental authority notifies the processing of personal data belonging to persons under the age of 18, the promoter will immediately delete/destroy this data from the processing and storage facilities.
8. The protection of your personal data - The Promoter undertakes to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to ensure a level of security corresponding to the personal data belonging to the participants of the Promotion. In assessing the appropriate level of security, account shall be taken in particular of the risks posed by the processing of personal data, caused in particular, by accident or illegally, by the destruction, loss, modification, unauthorised disclosure or unauthorised access to personal data transmitted, stored or processed.
9. Participants' data protection rights - In connection with the processing of their personal data within the Promotion, participants have the following rights arising from the GDPR:
• the right of access to personal data including right to request a copy of personal data;
• the right to rectification (right to have their inaccurate personal data corrected or to have incomplete personal data completed without undue delay);
• the right to deletion (right to have their personal data deleted without undue delay, if one of the legal grounds is given);
• the right to restrict processing;
• the right to data portability (in cases stipulated by law, right to obtain their personal data provided to the Promoter in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to pass this data to another data controller);
• the right to object to the processing;
• the right not to be the subject of any decision based solely on automated processing
• the right to withdraw the consent at any time (provided that the processing was based on consent). To withdraw their consent, participants have to click here or use opt-out function at any time through the unsubscribe function in our newsletter.
10. Complaints - Participants have furthermore right to complain to the Information Commissioner (ICO). Details of how to file a complaint can be found on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
11. How to contact the Promoter - Questions, comments or requests concerning the personal data processing are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com. To opt out from consent, please click here or use opt-out function at any time through the unsubscribe function in our newsletter.