Science explainer: What does ‘plant-powered mean?
The products you use to clean affect more than just your home. What we choose to buy has a global effect, from where plant-based ingredients come from to where they end up once you’re finished with them.
So, what is Plant-powered?
Plant-powered cleaning is using plant-based ingredients to clean your home effectively. For Dettol, this means using a plant-based active ingredient, lactic acid, to kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses, including COVID-19 virus*; cleaning effectively whilst helping you take that step towards a more sustainable future.
It contains a plant-based active ingredient
Dettol Tru Clean is a plant-powered cleaner as it contains a plant-based active ingredient, and it is free from unnecessary chemicals, such as bleach, dye or phosphates.
Dettol Tru Clean contains the plant-derived active ingredient lactic acid, produced using glucose syrup derived from food crops such as maize. It is fermented, and the pH levels adjusted, filtrated, and distilled to deliver a plant-based cleaner that kills bacteria and viruses*.
Help Protect your loved ones
On the quest for a clean home, we are faced with and often overwhelmed by a wide choice of products. We can often feel conflicted when purchasing cleaning products, with our intentions of being environmentally conscious often being overthrown by our need for an efficacious product.
Clean without compromise
You have probably heard the myth that plant-based products are not as effective as traditional chemicals. The truth is, Dettol Tru Clean includes a plant-based active ingredient, lactic acid, and it also kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses, including COVID-19 virus*, cleaning your home effectively without leaving unnecessary chemicals behind.
Cleaning efficiently with plant power
We’re all cleaning our surfaces more frequently at the moment. To stop nasty germs spreading throughout your home, here are some cleaning tips recommended by the NHS:
- Focus on cleaning areas where germs are likely to spread, for example, the bathroom and kitchen.
- Keep it dry. Dampness helps germs survive and, if there is enough water, multiply.
- Clean germ hotspots directly after use, rather than the once-a-week deep clean.
- Cloths, sponges and mops, must be clean or you risk spreading germs to other surfaces. 1
Using wipes are convenient and can also help to reduce cross-contamination in high-touch, germ covered areas. Dettol Tru Clean Surface Wipes contain a plant-based active ingredient and are made from biodegradable fibres to help keep your home clean with a lesser impact on the environment.
We are committed to reducing our impact on the environment wherever possible. That’s why we produced Dettol Tru Clean
- Free from bleach, dye, and phosphates
- Recyclable bottle and trigger head
- Manufactured with zero waste sent to landfill
- Dettol Tru Clean wipes made 100% biodegradable fibres
Introducing the new Dettol Tru Clean Range
Our new range of cleaners is made with a plant-derived active ingredient, proven to kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses* which helps protect you and your family.
- Made with a plant-derived active ingredient, lactic acid
- Dettol Tru Clean wipes are biodegradable**
- Kills 99.9% of bacteria and viruses, including COVID-19 virus*
- Excellent cleaning performance
- Free from bleach, dye and phosphates
Take a look at our Dettol Tru Clean Range
*COVID-19 Virus = SARS-CoV-2. See information on pack. Use disinfectants safely. Always read the label and product information before use.
** Dettol Tru Clean wipes are proven to biodegrade in active landfill conditions.
- NHS: How to prevent germs from spreading